McMackin Contracts Ltd use a mastic material to raise manholes in roads. This can be used to repair manholes where they have sunk in roads. Also commonly used allowing contractors to surface new roads leaving the manhole lids lower than the finished surface. The tarmac can be laid in one straight pass which is quicker and cheaper. McMackin Contracts then locate the lids below the surface using a metal detector, break out the tarmac, build the lid up to the surface level and infill with mastic.
DEMOLITION & CRUSHING
McMackin Contracts Ltd carry out demolition works using a range of excavators with specialist attachments such as rock hammers, pulveriser and grabs. A mobile crusher is used to crush broken rock, concrete or masonry into rubble which can be graded and re-used on site as recycled fill material reducing waste to landfill. For standalone crushing requirements we offer a manned hire service for some mobile units, in addition to screening units which are often used in tandem. We also have a fleet of lorries to remove waste materials to licenced facilities.
McMackin Contracts partner with competent and licenced asbestos removal companies to ensure asbestos is removed in line with current health, safety and environmental legislation.
Vegetation clearance and tree felling, removal of top soil and storage on site for re-use, demolition of existing structures.
McMackin Contracts fleet of plant includes excavators ranging from 1.5T up to 50T, dumpers ranging from 1T to 30T, lorries for removing excavated material from site to a licenced facility and trench support equipment such as trench boxes. McMackin Contracts have an in-date waste carrier licence for both NI and ROI. Plant operators are trained and competent for the specific items of plant they operate. Engineers and supervisor are trained and experienced in excavation safety.
McMackin Contracts carry out groundworks including:
- Forming roads, paths and the likes
- Installation of kerbs
- Paving and tactile paving
- Foundations for street furniture and signs
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Concrete paths, roads and yards
CABLE & PIPE LAYING
The installation of utility services or drainage pipes to the required specification in a live carriageway or a greenfield site.
Using the latest equipment McMackin Contracts carry out both Electro Fusion Welding and Butt Fusion Welding.
PIPE & BOX CULVERTS
McMackin Contracts are well experienced installing pipe and box culverts.
McMackin Contracts commonly install in-situ reinforced concrete foundations, floors, yard slab and tanks.
McMackin Contracts experience of road works include, road realignment schemes, new road construction and resurfacing work.
McMackin Contracts install stockproof fencing, timber close boarded fences and security fencing.
McMackin Contracts hire a range of construction plant including:
- Excavators 1.5T to 35T
- Site dumpers and articulated dumpers from 1.5T to 30T
- Tipper lorries (8 wheelers and tractor units) supplied with fully licenced experienced drivers
- Low Loader
- Mobile crusher
McMackin Contracts have constructed a number of portal framed buildings for clients such as CAFRE at their Greenmount campus and Terex Finlay at various plants in Tyrone.
McMackin Contracts have undertaken a number of refurbishment projects where we carry out works such as:
- External fabric alterations and improvements
- Internal alterations and refurbishment
- Extensive upgrade of mechanical and electrical service installations
- Audio Visual installations
- Replacement of passenger lifts
- McMackin Contracts are working on a number of social housing schemes where we carry out the following works:
- Main line drainage
- Substructures including blockwork
- Floors including insulation, radon barrier, concrete works and finishing
- Setting using total stations, GPS and laser levels.
- Plot drainage
- Ducting and trench for site services
- Groundworks including kerbing and paving
- Landscaping works