N56 Coolboy to Kilmacrennan Road Re-Alignment Scheme, Co. Donegal
Client: BAM Construction
Value: €2.5 million
Contact: William Diver – 003 538 7246 8986 // firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Period: February 2018 – December 2018
McMackin Contracts are currently completing works on a Road Re-Alignment between Coolboy and Kilmacrennan, Co. Donegal. The Project involved the construction of approximately 3km of road and cycle paths through areas with very poor ground conditions.
Earthworks included the extraction and crushing of approximately 185,000m3 of rock from a nearby borrow pit, place and compact as part of the road make-up. There was also approximately 85,000m3 of clay/moss/peat excavated and hauled to nearby tips that was then leveled and seeded back into fields for local owners.
Works also included:
- Enabling works, including diversion of both trunk and distribution watermains to reduce interference with the online road construction;
- Laying new watermain pipes in open cut trench with bedding, surround, backfill and connections to new/existing watermains;
- Works included the construction of ancillary chambers, testing & commissioning;
- Re-alignment and construction of service roads;
- Closure of existing access points;
- Associated earthworks, drainage, signage & lining as necessary;
- Demolition of existing building/structures;
- Associated accommodation works and service diversions and also relocation.