250KW AD Plant, Eglinton, Co. Derry
Client: Evergreen Biogas Ltd
Contact: Conor O’Driscoll – 074 0736 8010
Contract Period: October 2016 – April 2017
McMackin Contracts were contracted to complete all concrete, siteworks and drainage on a new 250KW AD Plant in Eglinton, Co. Derry. The Project comprised of a 300m2 Portal frame workshop and adjoining 2 storey office facility, a large silage pit with in situ walls and structural concrete floor, three digester Tanks and a large structural concrete yard area. The site was originally at various levels and required a cut/fill exercise with mixed ground conditions, mainly rock.
McMackin also installed all HDPE and Ductile Iron Pipework underground and completed tank bases for three large digester tanks with the Precast Tank walls supplied by Macrete. Other works involved the following:
- 750m2 structural concrete yard;
- Installation of underground tanks for storm & “dirty”/unclean water;
- Excavation of drainage in rock areas;
- Backfilling submerged digester tanks including tanking;
- Kerbing around concrete areas;
- Fencing to boundary of site.